Mx Lee mini art print
This is a LIMITED QUANTITY print, with only 4 to purchase right here. There are other opportunities to get one of these: by chance (ordering a “mystery print” where I randomly handpick one to send) or through a giveaway on my Instagram at a later date. That said, if you absolutely want one*, order quickly! First come, first serve.
* These are sold individually, meaning you can only buy one of Mx Lee. This way, other people have an opportunity to get their hands on one, too.
- The sizing is that of a postcard: 4″ x 6″
- Print is matte. The front (with the art) has a smooth, soft-feel coating. The back is a lime green color, and says “WOMXN IN HIP HOP BY TIFFANY BURRISS” in black lettering, on the bottom left corner. You are able to write on the back.
- Each print comes numbered (on the back) and signed.
- Colors are bold and vibrant, but they may appear different on your screen than in real life.
Introduction that I wrote about Mx Lee in 2019: Mx Lee. An emcee from Dallas, Georgia. I got put onto @mxleemusic a few months ago when they left me a few kind comments on my previous drawings. That led me to watching some freestyle clips (🔥) & listening to their first single, titled “Invisible Division”. I was drawn to their drive to be a raw & real voice in a music genre that may want to silence them, as well as the fire in their delivery, strong flow, lyrical depth, socially conscious bars, & subject matter that spoke from places of struggle, survival, & an uprising. // Mx. Lee became interested in rap at a young age, listening to music by those such as Too $hort, Snoop Dogg, & Dr. Dre, & later found lyrical inspiration in the thought-provoking complexity of Aesop Rock’s rhymes. They cite Run The Jewels as inspirations, too! Two years ago, Lee moved to Atlanta to pursue their music career & while still new to the game, 2019 has already proven to be a successful year: they’re now represented by Laidlaw Media; they had their first live performance in June, at 55th & Park Lounge, having performed their Configa-remixed debut single; they just released a brand new song, called “The Missive”, featuring Dungeon Family’s own Backbone on a verse; & they’re writing + hitting the studio to record their debut EP (be on the look out for that!). As a non-binary emcee, Mx. Lee is a talented voice that’s challenging listeners expectations, breaking hip hop norms, & contributing some dope music to the genre. Oh yeah, they’re also a mortuary student, so they have no problem stickin’ toe tags on anyone who gets in their way. Get familiar. 🎶
FYI: Mx Lee has dropped new music since writing that intro. They dropped their Make My Way EP late last year, so make sure you check it out on Bandcamp.