Leikeli47 mini art print
One 4″ x 6″ mini print of a portrait illustration that I did of emcee Leikeli47. See original here.
This is a LIMITED QUANTITY print, with only 3 to purchase right here. There is one other opportunity to get one of these: by chance when ordering a “mystery print” where I randomly handpick one to send. That said, if you absolutely want one*, order quickly! First come, first serve.
* These are sold individually, meaning you can only buy one of Leikeli47. This way, other people have an opportunity to get their hands on one, too.
- The sizing is that of a postcard: 4″ x 6″
- Print is matte. The front (with the art) has a smooth, soft-feel coating. The back is a lime green color, and says “WOMXN IN HIP HOP BY TIFFANY BURRISS” in black lettering, on the bottom left corner. You are able to write on the back.
- Each print comes numbered (on the back) and signed.
- Colors are bold and vibrant, but they may appear different on your screen than in real life.
Introduction that I wrote about Leikeli47 in 2018: LeiKeli47 is a rapper, beat maker, & singer from New York. I found her music around September 2017, when I was browsing new rap videos on YouTube (they come through with the fire recommendations sometimes). Her music video for “Miss Me” came up and I. Was. Hooked. I watched all her videos after that. She has such a sick, hypnotic flow; a good, upbeat energy; produces catchy, danceable beats; & her music videos are ART. Plus, she makes anthemic jams about independent women, making sacrifices, respecting the girl code, self-confidence, self-worth, hard work, & everything in between. On top of that, I LOVE the intrigue of the masks she wears on her face – the mystery is hot & her overall style is so fresh. Up until a few years ago, she kind of stayed away from interviews & most of her background was kept hidden, but I’ve since learned the masks are due to feeling shy & introverted (the mask gives her power to be herself & further hide her true identity). She had dropped 3 self-titled mixtapes between 2012-2015. Then, she signed with RCA to release her official debut album, titled Wash & Set, last year & it was def a fave album of 2017 for me. Her music has been on Insecure; she received a Jay-Z co-sign when he put her “F**K the Summer Up” anthem on a Tidal playlist; her music has also been used for fashion shows, such as Alexander Wang’s SS16 show; & more. Please, please get familiar with her!
FYI: Leikeli47 has released more new music since I last wrote this intro. Stream + buy her second album, titled Acrylic.