Dan Shiva mini art print
This is a LIMITED QUANTITY print, with only 4 to purchase right here. There are other opportunities to get one of these: by chance (ordering a “mystery print” where I randomly handpick one to send) or through a giveaway on my Instagram at a later date. That said, if you absolutely want one*, order quickly! First come, first serve.
* These are sold individually, meaning you can only buy one of Dan Shiva. This way, other people have an opportunity to get their hands on one, too.
- The sizing is that of a postcard: 4″ x 6″
- Print is matte. The front (with the art) has a smooth, soft-feel coating. The back is a lime green color, and says “WOMXN IN HIP HOP BY TIFFANY BURRISS” in black lettering, on the bottom left corner. You are able to write on the back.
- Each print comes numbered (on the back) and signed.
- Colors are bold and vibrant, but they may appear different on your screen than in real life.
Introduction that I wrote about Dan Shiva in 2019: Dan Shiva, an emcee from Naples, Italy. I got put onto @dan.shiva earlier this year when she sent me a DM with her song “Li ‘Polverizzero”. 🎤 Now living in Spain for 8 years, she’s a bilingual rapper that spits in both Italian & Spanish. Since my Spanish is rusty & I don’t know any Italian, I don’t always immediately understand what she’s rapping about until I hunt down lyrics or translation (which she often provides on her IG 🙏🏻). I am drawn to her magnetic presence, ferocious flow, the bass in her voice, the passion in her delivery, & her strong lyrical content, which typically focuses on empowerment, social issues, fighting against adversity, working hard, adapting to new surroundings & what it means to be a woman. She’s been performing a lot around the country, both on small stages (lately, she’s been throwin’ down verses at Terraza Nomadas) & in front of huge crowds (in August, she performed at the 9-day/10-night festival in Spain, called Feria de Malaga). Although she has been active in hip hop for 10+ years, she doesn’t have any full projects out yet (or not that I’ve found). However, she does have several streamable songs, collaborations, & a music video for “Spanish Town”… some of which are from a forthcoming EP, titled D.S.M-V. Dan Shiva is a member of Hip Hop Por Mujeres, which is an international collective of women in hip hop! The collective was created with the aim of empowering & unifying women within the scene, bringing them closer to stages, creating networking opportunities, & shining a light on their talent. The collective released an 18-track album, titled Una De Las Nuestras (translates to “One of Ours”). On that compilation, you can find Dan Shiva on the title track & “Tutto Uguale”. Lastly, when it comes to BARS, she isn’t just a force on the mic, but she’s also a bartender! Anyway, go give her a follow & check out her music.