Boog Brown mini art print
This is a LIMITED QUANTITY print, with only 4 to purchase right here. There are other opportunities to get one of these: by chance (ordering a “mystery print” where I randomly handpick one to send) or through a giveaway on my Instagram at a later date. That said, if you absolutely want one*, order quickly! First come, first serve.
* These are sold individually, meaning you can only buy one of Boog Brown. This way, other people have an opportunity to get their hands on one, too.
- The sizing is that of a postcard: 4″ x 6″
- Print is matte. The front (with the art) has a smooth, soft-feel coating. The back is a lime green color, and says “WOMXN IN HIP HOP BY TIFFANY BURRISS” in black lettering, on the bottom left corner. You are able to write on the back.
- Each print comes numbered (on the back) and signed.
- Colors are bold and vibrant, but they may appear different on your screen than in real life.
Introduction that I wrote about Boog Brown in 2018: Boog Brown is an emcee from Michigan. I first got put onto her music circa March 2010, when I heard “Any Mode” – it’s a super short song, but she slaaays that 14KT beat. I don’t remember hearin’ the rest of The Grind Season vol. 1 (which is what that song was on) ’til later, so my earliest album intro to becoming a long-time fan was when I heard Brown Study later that year. What I’ve always liked about Boog is that she doesn’t rely on brag raps or complex rhyme schemes to prove herself, not that there’s anything wrong with that. Her jazzy, soothing voice rides a beat with a confident, steady-pace delivery, a soulful flow, & she impresses her listeners through dense poetry in her introspective, intellectual, & inspiring rhymes. She’s mastered her breath control, too, because when she raps, it sounds like a stream-of-consciousness – nothing is forced. Boog Brown released her first project, titled Grind Season Vol. 1, in 2010, produced entirely by Illastrate. She has since dropped a few other albums & a couple of EPs, up until the year 2013. A couple of weeks ago, when I was drafting up names for who to draw, I was wondering where Boog had been since the release of The Late Bloom occurred 5 years ago. Then, the other night when I was scrolling through Facebook, I saw a sponsored ad for her BRAND NEW ALBUM! What! My face lit up. So here I am drawing her, because her self-titled, Tom Caruana-produced album dropped the other day & it features 10 brand new songs (accompanied by a few remixes)… AND you need to put yourselves onto @1boogbrown‘s music.
FYI: She has since released that brand new album, titled SummerDaze Vol. 1, produced by Spittzwell. Stream on Spotify!